Moving to Sydney

Arranging Visas

Most international students wanting to study in Australia require a student visa. Some other visa holders are also eligible to study as international students in Australia. Many students apply for a visa themselves on-line or via the Australian Diplomatic Mission in their country. The visa application process can be complicated and for students from select countries it may be better to apply with the assistance of an accredited agent due to their familiarity and experience in the field. You should check with the education provider in Australia for their accredited agents in your country.

Migration Agents

A migration agent can assist you in submitting your visa application and communicate with Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) on your behalf, but please note that you do not need to use a migration agent to lodge any kind of visa application.

Education Agents

Education agents promote various Australian education programs and institutions internationally and are a good way for students to apply to study in Australia. Agents are experienced in making international student applications and applying for visas. You can check with your Australian education provider for contact details of agents they recommend.
Please Note: Although able to assist in completing education and visa applications, Education Agents are NOT licensed to provide migration advice.

Arranging Travel

You will need to make your own travel arrangements to Australia. Please try to arrive at least 1-2 weeks before the start of International Student Orientation to allow enough time for settling-in, adjusting to the climate and overcoming jet-lag.

You should fly into Sydney Airport which is the closest international airport to the city. Visit the Airport website at


International students must maintain an appropriate welfare and accommodation agreement throughout their study as part of the requirements of their student visa. Vigil does not accept students below 18 years of age. However, we will provide accommodation assistance to students over 18 whenever possible.

Here are a few options for accommodation that you can consider:
Rental Accommodation: The easiest and most convenient housing option for international students. Rental accommodation in Sydney varies from small studio apartments to large houses, which are normally rented by a few tenants living together as “housemates”.
Homestay: Is a cultural exchange between an international student or visitor and a local individual or family in the host country. The “host” provides accommodation and support for an agreed period of time and rate. Homestays can be tailored to provide meals, assistance, and other activities. Your homestay provider or host should abide by the Australian Homestay Standards:
For a more complete picture of student accommodation services and referred providers in Sydney, please visit
Accomodation - Vigil International College

© Copyright Vigil Connect. All rights reserved

Designed and Developed by NotanAgency